Masters of Philosophy (MPhil) in Marketing
Master of Philosophy (MPhil) in Marketing
The core intention of a Master’s Programme is to equip students with specialised knowledge through research training. It also provides sound training in research methodologies, and equips you to deal with complex issues both systematically and creatively, so that you can make sound judgements using data and information at your disposal.
NQF level 9. 180 credits
Min. 1 year. Max. 4 years.
Full qualification cost:
There are nine learning outcomes in this programme
- Demonstrate specialist knowledge of marketing intelligence to enable engagement with and critique of current marketing research and practice.
- Design, select, and apply appropriate and creative methods and techniques to engage with advanced marketing theory and investigate complex marketing problems.
- Design and implement a strategy for processing and managing information in order to conduct a comprehensive view of leading and current research in the area of marketing to produce significant insights.
- Use a wide range of specialised skills in identifying, conceptualising, designing, and applying quantitative and qualitative market research methods, and implement an appropriate process of enquiry for the area of study.
- Use resources of academic and professional discourse to communicate and defend ideas and products of research in an area of specialisation.
- Demonstrate advanced scholarship and research and use a range of advanced and specialised skills and marketing discourses to communicate to a range of audiences.
- Apply ethics in marketing research, and understand the implications of complex ethical issues in gathering marketing intelligence, and in implementing marketing strategies.
- Demonstrate specialist knowledge of advanced marketing research techniques to supervise, implement, and assist with marketing research projects.
- Lead and/or initiate processes, and implement systems in a marketing division or company.
|Fees for MPhil in Marketing||SA Fee per module|
|Application fee for MPhil||R1 740.00 (non-refundable)|
|Application fee for MPhil (IMM Graduate School graduates)||R870.00 (non-refundable)|
|Dissertation||R50 000.00 (R16 666 per semester)
* Assumes completion over a 1 year period and
** Prices subject to increases on an annual basis