Diploma in Export Management
Diploma in Export Management
The purpose of the programme is to provide for an intermediate understanding of export related matters, and an overall focus which will ensure the delivery of students who are skilled in export management and who understand the related concepts of marketing. The purpose of this qualification is also to support the connection between export management and marketing management e.g. the principles, methods and procedures involved in export management and marketing.
NQF level 6. 360 credits
Min. 3 years. Max. 8 years.
Full qualification cost:
There are ten learning outcomes in this programme
- Demonstrate an intermediate understanding of export management, international trade and international trade law, marketing, business communication and management principles, economics, financial management, and finance and payments.
- Explain and apply the typical methods and procedures involved in export management and marketing from an export perspective.
- Conduct a search for export opportunities and be able to link the findings to an export and marketing strategy.
- Access and evaluate relevant export information from a wide range of sources, and integrate the information in terms of an export strategy, cognisant of marketing, designed for a specific company.
- Produce and communicate export plans, cognisant of marketing, to senior management.
- Describe how to lead a team of people in an export company in order to implement an export and marketing plan/project.
- Identify and solve management problems in an export and/or logistics company/related to an export project, including cultural differences, foreign exchange and finance etc.
- Discuss the responsibilities of leading a team in the export industry as well as understanding the accountability to senior management in an organisation.
- Show understanding of the code of ethical behaviour in the field of export management and marketing, and base business decisions and actions on appropriate values.
- Illustrate the mastering of life-long learning skills in the broad field of management and support the learning needs of team members.
This programme consists of 19 modules and is structured as follows:
Modules Year 1
- Principles of Marketing (20 credits)
- Academic Literacy (non-credit bearing)
- International Trade (20 credits)
- Principles of Business Communication (20 credits)
- Principles of Business Management (20 credits)
- Export Administration 1 (20 credits)
- Principles of Project Management (20 credits)
Modules Year 2
- Application of Marketing (20 credits)
- Application of Business Management (20 credits)
- Application of Export Administration (20 credits)
- Application of Finance and Payments (20 credits)
- Export Management (20 credits)
- International Trade Law 2 (20 credits)
Modules Year 3
- Business Management Strategy (20 credits)
- Export Trade Strategy (20 credits)
- Entrepreneurship (20 credits)
- Finance and Payments Strategy (20 credits)
- International Economics (20 credits)
- International Trade Law 3 (20 credits)
|Fees for Diploma Programmes||SA Fee per module|
|New student registration fee (once-off payment)||R1 675.00 (non-refundable)|
|Semester fee||R550.00 (non-refundable)|
|Assessment fee per module||R3 100.00|
|Late registration fee per module an addition||R500.00 per module|
* Assumes completion over a 3 year period and
** Prices subject to increases on an annual basis